Xiaoyu's Blog

Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 Wrapped

Look into the horizon, and wave hi and goodbye
Hey waddup guys!
I know, I know, this is my first and only post for this month.
(Edit: I actually finish writing this End Of Year post but I thought I'd save it for Dec 30th to post. End up yup I forgot about it so Imma make this as my New Year's post then 😂)
I Let me be honest: I don't know how short or how long this post is gonna be. 😝
But I also won't go into much detail about every single piece that happened in 2017 (cos that'll bore you am I right hahaha)
At the end of the post, I will sum up the year with three words! (Should have done this already but oh heck I can always start with this year)
Here goes!
🌟 One of my girl in my clique flew to Australia for her further studies. Although I can't bear not meeting up together with the rest, (see: drink sesh & club), I'm happy for her to pursue what she want. Hope to see you on Chinese New Year, Yuwen!!!! We almost see each other at my house for Christmas dinner but sadly no :(

🌟 I had a lot of collaboration opportunities with my photographer & also a good friend, Andrew. Be it as an artist or HMUA, I had fun when I'm out with him! Not to forget our drinking sesh too 😜 Our meet ups with Saiful too! Damn we actually drove into Malaysia for a fun trip there. FUN FUN FUN!

🌟 I had frequent self time out. Going out running errands, shopping, dining by myself, or just doing my work in coffee joints. I love being alone out sometimes, doing what I wanna do without anyone's opinion, without anyone rushing me; my own time own target.

🌟 COLDPLAY CONCERT. Enough said.

🌟 I graduated my course this April, the starting wasn't a good one, but it gradually got better! Being a casual means I need to know my shit & not be afraid to make mistakes. Afterall, I learn best through mistakes and lessons. I am a visual learner, I need to see & feel things. I am slow at taking in information & understanding knowledge. I may take a longer time than my peers but that doesn't mean I am not willing to learn. In fact, I am hungry for knowledge.

🌟 I took up 2 other side jobs & I am liking 1 of them very much! Because it includes two of my interest: art & teaching children. I foresee myself staying in that freelance job for long.

🌟 As for the other side job, the one & only reason why I'm glad I join is because I met Denise, a colleague there. Both of us join around the same time, & we got closer from there! We even hang out! She showed me I am a friend who means something to her & thus I am keeping her 😊

🌟 2nd trip to South Korea!!! Food & cosmetics! This trip is more of adventures & thrills instead of sightseeing :)

🌟 I met up an old friend, Jianxiong, together with two other good friends. Man, it was soooo good to catch up with one another with none other better than - beer. He changed so much man.

🌟 My girlfriends ALMOST could meet up full, but Jas had to work :( It's alright~ I'm delighted to see Serene! Don't worry girls, we can meet again in CNY, I hope!!!!

🌟 This year, I cried a lot; be it from movies/videos or by people, but it is because that's how I am. I am sensitive & I am emotionally strong (yes, you read that right). I worry about my loved ones & that isn't helpful when I get occasional intrusive thoughts. I think about the worse scenarios you can imagine. I get upset at the slightest thing when I'm going through PMS. I can't change being less sensitive, but I can learn to not give a fuck about what people think & say.

🌟 My close friend from work started talking to me & we're back to being goofy & bitchy :)

🌟 I know who are my true friends & I am extremely grateful for them. I will cherish them & spend more time with them.

🌟 Definitely fought & quarreled with my boyfriend here & there in the span of 12 months. But we never let each other go to bed angry or sad.

🌟 The only good friend I met in Poly & am still hanging out is my Partner, Partner I love you. Yes I am still gonna be cheesy & lovey dovey & act cute because I know you can't stand them 😗

🌟 After 6 years I saw my ex-boyfriend. Of course there is a wave of memories because afterall he is my first flame & first long-term relationship. We didn't end it in a bad term but he didn't gave me closure (I'm someone who needs closure) so we talked for a long while for that closure.
What I believe is that if anyone of you didn't end your relationship with your partner in a bad term (due to some other circumstances), thank each other for the memories made & the time spent together. I'm someone who don't like to hate anybody (hate is a strong word, but so far I have only extremely dislike 1 person), so let your mind in peace. It's over, time to move on!

🌟 I have made little progress in my art Instagram & as an artist, but little progress better than zero progress!
I guess that's all about my 2017 Wrapped! For the year 2017, I would describe it as: emotional, grateful & anxious.

In 2018, I resolve to:
be more active in my art path &
give zero fucks about what people think & say about me (but of course not to the extend of being inconsiderate. I still have my manners)
I figure things like 'getting a driving license' or 'getting a tattoo' is too.. hmm.. superficial?
Like resolutions are what you resolve to do, perhaps a goal to reach; an improvement from the previous year, a better you, yes?
So 2 resolutions for 12 months. Can I stick to it?
I feel like start a journal for me to pen my unhappiness, anger, happiness, but knowing me I probably stop halfway cos I am lazy.
But, 2018, what do you have for me? I will embrace everything with strength from Him.

Picture from: credit


No comments: