Xiaoyu's Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Thank you, Mr Lee Kuan Yew

I know this is a little to late to post about the matter, but I am still gonna do it.
This news is known to all Singaporeans, and even to overseas friends of Singapore.
The death of our founding father, former Minister Mentor & Prime Minister of Singapore left the world on the 23rd of March, 2015.

Without him, there will be no Singapore today, everyone can vouch for this.
He had sacrificed so much for this little red dot, doing so much for fellow Singaporeans.
The national anthem we sing everyday in school, the pledge we take, the national day songs we sing every year...
I am only a 20-year-old person, I haven't been through war-times, famine, or tough times like our parents and grandparents gone through.
When I was born, Singapore was developing;
I had a roof to stay, food to eat, transport to take.
I don't have to live in fear that I will get robbed, or a my house being broken into by a burglar.
For that, I am extremely grateful and lucky.

During Singapore's 48th & 49th birthday, I saw Mr Lee Kuan Yew's frail face on the television.
His ears cupped, he looked weak.
My reactions then was, 'oh my gosh.. MM Lee...'

Thank you, Mr Lee, for fighting for our country.
Thank you, Mr Lee, for giving your 100% efforts for Singaporeans.
Thank you, Mr Lee, for EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE TO SINGAPORE.

May you rest in peace.
The world has lost a powerful, amazing and inspiring leader.

Credits


No comments: